Denied Tye's DarkRP Staff Application

• Track updates to the DarkRP server by visiting the Update Council, located here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tye

Sep 9, 2019
User name: Tye

Your In-Game Name: Tye

Your Steam Name: Tye

Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:96787546

Your Age: 15

Staff Referral/Endorsement: No One

Do you have a microphone and plan to use it? Yes, I have a microphone and plan to use it.

How long have you been playing on our DarkRP Server? I have about 15 hours of in game time but I have been playing for about a week.

Have you ever administrated on a DarkRP server before? Yes

Tell us more about your previous administrating experience: I have a lot of experience staffing on other darkrp servers. For one, I was staff on a popular community known as ICE and was mod on there about three times and made it to head mod twice. I have been staff on other servers but none are really worth mentioning as they are no longer up and running. In total I have administrated on 4 servers.

Have you applied on any other gaming communities/servers within the past week? No

Do you have any experience using the ULX administration suite? Yes

How much experience do you have using ULX? What specific commands are you aware of? How much time have you had using ULX? I have over 1,000 hours of experience with the ULX administrative tool. I am aware of !god, !return, !jail, !ban, !kick, !goto etc.
I have about 2400 hours on Garry's Mod so I have been able to experience and learn the ULX commands to the fullest extent.

Tell us about yourself? My favorite hobbies consist of playing baseball and video games. I have played Garry's Mod for about 4 1/2 years. The thing that always brings me back to this game are the people that play it and the diversity of the different servers. DarkRP sparks an interest for me because it is a casual gamemode where people can come on and have a great time. I tried some of the more serious RP servers in the past like Santos RP and did not nearly enjoy them as much as I have enjoyed and will continue to enjoy DarkRP until my last days.

Why do you wish to become a Staff Member on the Gaming Gods DarkRP server? I wish to become a staff member because I personally believe the server could use another staff member as the co-founder said "The more the merrier". I am bringing with me almost 3 years of staff experience and techniques. I always enjoy helping people in need on the server more than I do raiding them or ruining someone's day. I believe that if I was staff I would be able to help more with my access to punish rule breakers ruining someone elses RP experience. I love Garry's Mod so I think my endless love for this game could assist me in tackling rule breakers.

Situation #1: You see a player going around to other players in the server, saying racial slurs and other excessive profanity. What do you do? In this situation I would mute the man/woman committing this heinous crime and make sure they are aware of the specific rule on the server that clearly states not to join in on calling other players racial slurs/other excessive profanity. If I caught this man/woman doing this a second time I would warn or kick depending on the situation. If the player then continues to talk to people in such a manner then I would move towards banning them.

Situation #2: A player is complaining about RDM in chat. Upon using our logs system, you notice that the player has been going around RDM'ing other players. What do you do? In this situation I would stop everything I am doing and bring all involved players to a sit and get the situation resolved depending on the number of players killed by the person randomly killing fellow players. If the player has killed 4+ players then I would ban the culprit immediately. If the player killed 2 or less people I would warn her/him.

Situation #3: A player is using certain exploits to exit the map/admin room. What would you do? I would let this player know that exploiting of any kind is not allowed on the server and if they keep trying to do it then it would result in a kick with a message stating why the player got kicked and if he/she comes back on and continues to try to exploit then they would be removed from the server via the !ban command.

Situation #4: A player is threatening to DDoS the server. What would you do? I would notify a higher up immediately and if I cannot get a hold of a higher up for some reason I would ban the player and communicate with a higher up about the situation at a later time.

Situation #5: Yourself and all other staff members on the server are occupied with administration sits. While you are in an admin sit with another player who was abusing their job, players are mass RDM'ing on the server. What would you do? I would put the job abuse sit on hold until I had dealt with all the players randomly killing people.

Have you written a detailed description for each of the situations listed above? Yes

Have you fully read the listed rules and guidelines at the top of the application? Yes

Please confirm the following: I understand that falsifying my application can and will result in a permanent ban from all Gaming Gods services (Website/Steam Group/Discord/Server(s))., I have ALREADY posted three, non-spam/hello posts, in the forums. (Can either be a reply to a thread, or preferrably a new thread. Introductions preferred).

Denied by: Willy

Last edited:

zShock1224

Gaming God
Co-Founder
Premium Member
Jul 31, 2018
Nice application, I loved everything except for situation #5. You could have given us a bit more detail in that situation like you did for all the others. But other than that, It's a great application! I also like that amount of experience you have with ULX! I wish you luck!

Lilith

Demigod
Support Team
Aug 22, 2019
-+ Your responses to some of the questions seemed a little forced and fake, but the scenario responses were pretty good overall (apart from the DDOS threat, which requires an immediate ban). I don’t really have a strong opinion on this application and I haven’t spoken to you before, so I don’t really know what you’re like. Good luck, though. :^)

Tye

Sep 9, 2019
  • Tye

Tye

I can assure you all my responses are 100% honest! Thank you for wishing me good luck! :)

Lilith

Demigod
Support Team
Aug 22, 2019
I don’t think they’re lies, don’t worry. The scenarios just seemed a little disingenuous

Scopes

Legend
DarkRP Moderator
Aug 30, 2019
Michigan
Neutral

-Reason-
Don't really know who you are.

ShosNov

Legend
DarkRP Moderator
Aug 24, 2019
-1 Situation 4
"I would notify a higher up immediately" Ban first then contact after, you don't know if they'll stick to their threat and you can't risk it.

Willy

Legend
Staff Manager
Aug 17, 2019
The application is lacking within the situational questions and I feel like you just need more time on the server to become a staff member. In these next two weeks I'd focus on doing as much as you can as a member and try getting a good reputation

Your application has been DENIED

You may re-apply in two weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.