D0J0W's DarkRP Staff Application

• Track updates to the DarkRP server by visiting the Update Council, located here.

D0J0W

Sep 10, 2019
User name: D0J0W

Your In-Game Name: D0J0W

Your Steam Name: gamekingdomzz or D0J0W

Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:84404365

Your Age: 16

Staff Referral/Endorsement:

Do you have a microphone and plan to use it? Yes, I have a microphone and plan to use it.

How long have you been playing on our DarkRP Server? 4d:17h:39m

Have you ever administrated on a DarkRP server before? No

Have you applied on any other gaming communities/servers within the past week? No

Do you have any experience using the ULX administration suite? No

Tell us about yourself? I find that my favorite hobbies include fishing, camping, and video games.
DarkRP is a place for me to have a good time, and have fun with many interesting people that become good friends over time.
I am drawn to Garry's Mod, because it allows me to exercise my creativity a lot better than minecraft would, and all of the opportunities it allows me to have.
Another thing that drew me to Garry's Mod was the fact that I could possibly run a server, but unfortunately I never had the knowledge to pull through with it.

Why do you wish to become a Staff Member on the Gaming Gods DarkRP server? I would love to ensure that everyone enjoys the experience that this server grants. I want to keep this server as peaceful as possible, and keep anything out that may disturb the community within it.

Situation #1: You see a player going around to other players in the server, saying racial slurs and other excessive profanity. What do you do? I would go up to said player, and notify them that this profanity cannot be tolerated, and inform them that they must stop immediately. If the player continues to slur nonstop then I shall give them a warn. If still continued I will kick said player giving a reason stating "return when you have had time to think about what you did, and are ready to RP again.

Situation #2: A player is complaining about RDM in chat. Upon using our logs system, you notice that the player has been going around RDM'ing other players. What do you do? I would proceed to notify the player that they have lied to a staff member, and have committed MRDM (mass rdm). I will then continue to determine how serious the circumstances are to the player, judge the time they will be spending out of the server, and give the reason why they are being banned/kicked. Then the ban/kick will be made towards the offending player.

Situation #3: A player is using certain exploits to exit the map/admin room. What would you do? I would bring the player to a sit, freeze them in place so they can listen to me about the act they have committed, and notify them of the rule(s) they have just broken. Then I will notify them that they will be banned (along with giving my estimated time for the ban I am about to give) for leaving during an admin sit, and for abusing the in-game exploits (glitches/ unfinished parts of the map). I will then ban the player giving the reasons I stated to the player, and my estimated time of the ban.

Situation #4: A player is threatening to DDoS the server. What would you do? I would bring the player to a sit, and notify them how serious it is to threaten the server with a DDos. I will then start to estimate the time for the ban (somewhere around maybe a week), and then proceed to ban the player. Then I will notify other staff members on the forums of the players name, steam id, and what they threatened to do to the server.

Situation #5: Yourself and all other staff members on the server are occupied with administration sits. While you are in an admin sit with another player who was abusing their job, players are mass RDM'ing on the server. What would you do? I will take my time to finish the sit I am currently occupied with as every sit is as important as the next. I will then give the player a demotion for abusing said job. I would then proceed to take the next sit, and listen to the player who made the ticket about the RDM'ing. The person accused of RDM'ing will then be brought to the sit by me. I will listen to the accused player's side of the story. (lets say the accused player was the one RDM'ing) I will then tell the player what they are going to be banned for, and estimate the time of the ban. I would then ban the player for maybe up to 2 to 3 days depending on how serious the RDM spree was. Once I have completed the sit I would then return the player who notified the staff of the offender to their original position, and move on to the next sit if they haven't been taken by other staff already.

Have you written a detailed description for each of the situations listed above? Yes

Have you fully read the listed rules and guidelines at the top of the application? Yes

Please confirm the following: I understand that falsifying my application can and will result in a permanent ban from all Gaming Gods services (Website/Steam Group/Discord/Server(s))., I have ALREADY posted three, non-spam/hello posts, in the forums. (Can either be a reply to a thread, or preferrably a new thread. Introductions preferred).

Gravigus

Aug 26, 2019
+ Awesome guy, really fun to hang out with
+ Detailed
------------------------------------------------------------
Dont know why there would be any - reps. Hes admin material.

Lilith

Demigod
Support Team
Aug 22, 2019
-Your posts on the forum were spammy and you didn’t actually interact with anyone who replied to them. Your scenario responses weren’t great, especially #4 and #5.

zShock1224

Gaming God
Co-Founder
Premium Member
Jul 31, 2018
I would have to agree with @Lilith on this one, Although you did give us quite a bit to read unlike some who just write one sentence and call it a day. But how you described how you would handle scenario #4 and #5 make me question how capability. For #4 the person who threatens to DDos should be disposed of immediately no questions asked. As well as Mass RDMers. These types of players are known as RED players, It is #1 priority to get them off of the server ASAP. This application could have done a lot better....

ShosNov

Legend
DarkRP Moderator
Aug 24, 2019
-/+
Situation 2, " I would proceed to notify the player that they have lied to a staff member". How did said player lie? It's says nothing about them saying they didn't tell the truth or weren't honest

GoldfishKDA

Legend
DarkRP Moderator
Aug 17, 2019
Going to agree with Lilith and shock, the reason I didn’t reply to them though is because I also have another reason.
In game you tend to stay secluded a lot in your base and don’t talk much, That’s just from what I’ve seen.
I do think you have potential for staff, but not right now.

ShosNov

Legend
DarkRP Moderator
Aug 24, 2019
He talks to me all the time, and he's usually a hobo

Reactions: GoldfishKDA