Accepted Colonel_Zoidberg's DarkRP Staff Application

• Track updates to the DarkRP server by visiting the Update Council, located here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Colonel_Zoidberg

DarkRP Moderator
Sep 6, 2019
User name: Colonel_Zoidberg

Your In-Game Name: Colonel Zoidberg

Your Steam Name: Colonel Zoidberg

Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:69601320

Your Age: 19

Staff Referral/Endorsement: Jeremy and Canadian Maple have referred me to create an application.

Do you have a microphone and plan to use it? Yes, I have a microphone and plan to use it.

How long have you been playing on our DarkRP Server? 1d:3h:20m

Have you ever administrated on a DarkRP server before? Yes

Tell us more about your previous administrating experience: I have a good experience with administrating, I have been an admin, mod, tmod and even a co owner before. I worked my way up from tmod before and I can gladly do it again, I have used ULX for years now and when I was staff I had too many binds on my keyboard I couldn't remember them all for ULX. I know how to use ULX commands and the menu, I even installed the ULX plugin on my computer myself whenever I had a small server I wanted to run for a short while. I have dealt with all different kinds of situations as an admin. I was administrating a server that had 90+ people on it that would go up and down and with plenty of minges and rdmers an such that comes with that many people a day. I have been staff on around 5 different servers, as I've been around on garrys mod for awhile, since 2013.

Have you applied on any other gaming communities/servers within the past week? No

Do you have any experience using the ULX administration suite? Yes

How much experience do you have using ULX? What specific commands are you aware of? How much time have you had using ULX? I answered most of it in the pevious question, my bad, but I have lots of experience with ULX and some commands I know off the bat are ignite, slap, ban, mute, gag, jail, teleport and those sorts even mauling. I have been using ULX for a few years now. I have even trained people to be staff, and teaching them such things as ULX commands and the menu.

Tell us about yourself? I like to go fishing, especially stripers and sturgeon, I also like to metal detect. I have been on darkrp since I have been playing garrys mod, the first thought when I hear garrys mod is darkrp because it is the most played game mode out of all of them. There is something about it where it's just endless fun and nice creating and helping communities come together especially when I can help get rid of rule breakers. I like gmod because it says itself, it's a sandbox game where you can create and do whatever your imagination can go, and darkrp is definitely one of the best things you could have come up with in a sandbox game.

Why do you wish to become a Staff Member on the Gaming Gods DarkRP server? I want to become staff because I noticed this server stands out and I would love to be apart of the community and grow with the staff members and people of the server, I want to help out everyone by dealing with problems such as minges and rule breakers to make sure everyone has the best darkrp experience they can get. I want to help this server grow so well that people won't forget this server when they leave that it'll want to keep bringing them back and this community is the perfect one I would love to help.

Situation #1: You see a player going around to other players in the server, saying racial slurs and other excessive profanity. What do you do? I tell him to stop using racial slurs and etc and make sure they are not a mic spammer, if so I would mute or gag until they would learn their lesson. I would even bring them to a sit to talk to them and make sure they know the rules and tell them it's not allowed just in case they don't know. But if they continue on purpose then I would have to kick, or ban depending on the situation and how bad.

Situation #2: A player is complaining about RDM in chat. Upon using our logs system, you notice that the player has been going around RDM'ing other players. What do you do? I bring the players to a sit to settle out what had happened, I check the logs to make sure and double check that who's in the right is in the right and who's in the wrong gets punished for what they have committed. I would warn them for rdm if it was once as an accident but if kept up being on purpose I would make sure that they get rightfully punished for whatever rule they had broke. For it being a warn for RDM or a swift kick, maybe even a ban for mass rdm if they continue it up or show NITRP.

Situation #3: A player is using certain exploits to exit the map/admin room. What would you do? I warn them for breaking the rules and describe to them exactly what they did wrong, show them the MOTD to make sure they read it. And warn for exploit or kick if they continue on.

Situation #4: A player is threatening to DDoS the server. What would you do? I would tell any admin, founder right away to make sure in case whatever I can't do in my power can't stop them that they can. I would then ban them if they continue to threaten without stopping for however long either an admin had told me before or depending on the situation if it is bad for a week, if I haven't gotten an admins opinion or orders on what to do first to make sure that they get dealt with.

Situation #5: Yourself and all other staff members on the server are occupied with administration sits. While you are in an admin sit with another player who was abusing their job, players are mass RDM'ing on the server. What would you do? I could either, tell the current people I'm having a sit with that it will take one second to deal with something more important, or having to freeze the said or potential mass rdmer to deal with after the current sit if it is that urgent. Most likely the people I would currently be having a sit with would not care to let me go and help out the server by dealing with a massive ruler breaker, which they would want.

Have you written a detailed description for each of the situations listed above? Yes

Have you fully read the listed rules and guidelines at the top of the application? Yes

Please confirm the following: I understand that falsifying my application can and will result in a permanent ban from all Gaming Gods services (Website/Steam Group/Discord/Server(s))., I have ALREADY posted three, non-spam/hello posts, in the forums. (Can either be a reply to a thread, or preferrably a new thread. Introductions preferred).

Approved by: Willy

Lilith

Demigod
Support Team
Aug 22, 2019
-1 There’s a difference between referring you to make an application and recommending you. I’ll read the rest of your application once they’ve both confirmed that they’d recommend you.

Willy

Legend
Staff Manager
Aug 17, 2019
I've talked with some staff members and you've got a great reputation in game, which goes a long way. Your staff application is also pretty solid, well written and you have a decent amount of experience. Your refs are from two great staff members who I trust to give good impressions on people. I think you'd do an amazing job on the team!

Your application has been ACCEPTED

Contact me through discord when you are ready for your training! Welcome to the team!

Status
Not open for further replies.